Sponsor Spotlight: AbbVie
Tell us about AbbVie (200 words max)
AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company that combines the focus and passion of leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capability of an established pharmaceutical leader. Redefining what is possible is our business and our passion. Our goal is to help patients live healthier lives and we are proud to be the No.1 Best Place to Work in Ireland.
AbbVie is spread across five sites in Ireland. Alongside three manufacturing facilities in Sligo and Cork, two offices in Dublin serve the needs of the company’s Commercial and Operations activities and offer exciting opportunities to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. Indeed, many of our sites are currently supporting a range of new product introductions.
To learn more about us, please click on www.abbvie.ie
AbbVie at Career Zoo:
- What are the roles AbbVie is looking to fill at Career Zoo?
We are looking for a variety of candidates at CareerZoo. AbbVie recently announced a €113 million expansion in oncology-focused manufacturing technology at the company’s Ballytivnan site in Sligo. The investment in new sterile manufacturing capability will create approximately 100 new jobs over the course of three years in a variety of technical and manufacturing positions. Some of these key roles are Technical Operations, Quality, Manufacturing and Engineering.
- What are the skill sets you find most difficult to find? At the moment, very specialised engineering skillsets, including chemical processing, LYO and process equipment, as well as quality management positions
- If you are interviewing two candidates and both have equal qualifications and experience, what are the additional skills or attributes that would give one candidates the edge?
At AbbVie, we are very focused on behaviours and ensuring the right company culture fit. It is really important that the candidate is a strong team player who is focused on innovation and bringing their best to the team.
- What is unique about AbbVie’s company culture?
- We were delighted earlier this year to be announced at the #1 Great Place to Work in Ireland – we have a great team spirit, a strong culture of innovation, personal development , a focus on our patients and commitment to our communities
- Why should a potential candidate consider moving to AbbVie for their career?
We are the #1 Great Place to Work in Ireland and, in Sligo, you will have the unique opportunity of joining a company that has drug product, API and Biologics all on one campus – it’s a great chance for a better career and lifestyle.